05 November 2009

Things I like and dislike

Do you like to play parlor games? I play them in my head all the time, which now that I admit this, gives the impression that I am easily amused, wildly creative, or extremely lonely. You choose! 

I got the idea for this from Eden Kennedy at Fussy, who did a things I do not like post this week for nablopomo. I imposed a few rules on myself, because boundaries are a good thing. Because it is so often easier to be negative, for every item I dislike, I had to come up with something I do like.

To my surprise, I had to come up with negative things to balance the positive, not the other way around, as I would have expected. Look how far I've come!

Things I like
waking to the sound of falling rain
cream in my coffee
the arctic monkeys
walking
uttanasana
silence
salty sweet
lipstick
hot hot baths
being upside down
dinner parties

Things I dislike
cilantro
duwop
almond extract
minivans
brad pitt
running
nuts in baked goods
sea urchin
sponges that have not been sufficiently rung out
Philadelphia
white pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment